2009年7月25日土曜日

Long Live the King of Pop

“Rock With You”
One day in your life, When you find that you’re always lonely, For a love we used to share, Just call my name, and I’ll be there.
— “One Day In Your Life” by Michael Jackson

michaeljosephjackson:

Many of us cried when “Man In The Mirror” was performed at the end of the Memorial. We of all generations, know by heart it’s begininng to end; which included Michael’s hums and adlibs…and, for his part in the song to be completely silent -it hit like a bullet straight to the chest. The King of Pop, our idol, our musical father figure and friend was gone.

* On a personal note, it left me empty at the sight of the casket leaving. At that moment, I could not bear to watch someone I had loved for so many years, fully supported and defended -just leave. I remember hearing the  melody playing at the beginning of this song, and just dying to hear this man’s voice. A hum, a whisper, a mumble, a word..anything. What I got was straight silence and never has that kind of silence in a song affected me the way it did in here. I knew, Michael made that song and without Michael, “Man In The Mirror” would have no meaning. He breathed life into it, and you could just feel him through that song. In essence, I suppose thats why hearing just it’s instrumental did little to comfort me.

I know he will forever remain in our hearts and within our music but no one’s death hit me so close to home as did this man. Some will understand, others won’t. I have seen this on many of this Tumblr’s followers’ sites. He brought people together, and I thank each and every one of you who loved him just as much as I did.

Thanks for keeping Michael’s legacy alive.

“They Don’t Care About Us”
“Billie Jean”
“Beat It”
no one else will ever draw crowds the way this angel did..
no one else will ever draw crowds the way this angel did..
Pictures of Michael’s last performance on June 23rd, 2009.
(via kindheit)    we love you more than you could have ever known..

(via kindheit)

we love you more than you could have ever known..

long live the KING.
long live the KING.

Posted via web from realtime24's posterous

0 件のコメント:

銀行株

Only Wire

    フォロー